ATC New York has three convenient locations to take a wide range of training courses including Lead, Mold, Asbestos and OSHA, among others. We have worked closely with contractors, property owners, power companies, and building managers in dealing with safety and environmental issues.
Course Schedule and Registration
Jack Springston, CIH, CSP, FAIHA
Industrial Hygiene Manager, ATC Group Services
I first started giving NYS asbestos training classes (air sampling technician and inspector) in 1995. At the time, I was the training director for a company in Great Neck. I have given educational presentations on various industrial hygiene subjects at local, regional, and national meetings and conferences since around 2000. I currently teach the NYS mold assessor and mold refresher classes from time to time for ATC.
Inspector, ATC Group Services
I have worked in the Environmental Consulting field since 1987 for clients including Con Edison, MTA Long Island Railroad, and MTA New York City Transit. My 30 years of experience added to the classroom curriculum bring the full context of the instruction to life. This process makes classes fun, memorable and relatable.
I have been training since 2012 and teach NYSDOL Air Sampling technician, Project Monitor, Inspector, Management Planner, Contractor/Supervisor and Project Designer initial and refresher classes. I also teach EPA Lead RRP classes, OSHA Asbestos Awareness and OSHA 10 and 30 Hour classes.
Environmental Health and Safety Trainer
I received my mechanical Engineering degree from Rzeszow and Cracow Polytechnics in Poland.
I have been the Senior Instructor at ATC NYC office since 1999 and Certified by NYS DOH to conduct all classes for asbestos certifications.
We can bring the training to you! Minimum number of students is required for travel and instructor travel, lodging and meals will apply. Call us for costs involving training at your facility, or fill out this form and we’ll give you a call to work out the details.
- Cancellation Policy: If you choose to cancel your registration, ATC must be notified no less than 5 BUSINESS days (Saturday, Sunday and holidays do not count) prior to the course start date in order to receive a refund of payment. A substitute registrant is welcome at no additional cost. You will be charged for all students registered unless 5 days advance notice is provided. Refunds will not be given for “no shows”. In the event that ATC cancels the course, your registration will be refunded in full. If you attend only a portion of a course, tuition will be pro-rated to the percentage of program completed.
- Students are provided with all course materials in class. Please wear clothing that is comfortable and appropriate for sitting in a classroom and performing requirements for the hands-on portion of the class. All courses are provided in the English language.
- The course start time for classes is 8:00 a.m. with most classes ending at approximately 4:00 p.m. unless designated otherwise. Please verify with
the training registrar at time of registration. Please arrive 15 min. prior to class start time.
- Per state and federal regulations, ATC must verify that all students’ certifications are current and that they are eligible to take a Refresher course. You may be required to provide proof of training prior to the course start date if you are not in our database or have gaps in your training history. You will not be allowed to attend class if records are not provided. Some of the consultant level courses have education and experience requirements. It is the registrant’s responsibility to verify that they are eligible to meet these requirements for the state in which they are applying for a license.
- All courses are subject to a minimum class size and may be changed or cancelled without notice. If enrollment minimum is not met, you will be notified of the course cancellation or change and may transfer to the next available class.
- Copies of Certificates of Completion will only be released to the student that attended the class. Applicable fees will be charged. The fee is $15 for a copy and $30 for an original.